My client, a key player in the development and deployment of technologies which will enable the Government to achieve climate change target is seeking an additional lawyer to compliment the legal team.
Working closely with other members of the Legal Services team, the Legal Counsel will:-
• Negotiate project contracts (together with related licences and other agreements) with project consortia.
• Carry out legal and IP due diligence on project proposals from consortia seeking the institutes funding.
• Provide general and commercial legal advice and support in its day to day operations (such as procurement and disputes).
• Work with other functions to help shape/structure the projects to be commissioned.
• Provide legal support to the workshops and other panels or bodies established, to determine the nature of programmes, the selection of technology led collaboration projects and the management of ongoing projects and programmes.
• Develop guidance and training materials and deliver training on legal/IP matters to staff.
• Assist with the management of any IP issues which arise from the technology led collaboration projects.
• Provide oversight and review of all publications, as required.
• Monitor and advise on potential and relevant UK and EU legislative changes.
• Instruct and manage external legal advisors.
• A qualified solicitor or barrister with relevant post-qualification experience gained either in house or in a private practice environment.
• Experience of handling general and commercial legal matters and agreements.
• Experience of negotiating agreements relating to the acquisition or licensing of IP rights.
• Up to date knowledge of commercial and company law together with the ability to keep abreast of legislation and assess the impact of impending changes in law.
• Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and advisers, including specialist legal firms, partner organisations and other institutions.
• Ideally, some experience of collaborative R&D agreements between Universities, SMEs / Industry and Government.
• Evidence of operating within effective legal teams that deliver high standards.
Salary commensurate with experience however likely to be around £40-£50k
An extremely interesting place of work in a high profile organisation within a small however friendly team. A fantastic opportunity.